The mission of the Women and the Law Section is to encourage and facilitate the active and effective participation of women in the legal profession and in the community, and to address women's current needs and the issues affecting them. Some of the projects the section has undertaken to fulfill this mission include:
- Helping pass the first alimony bill in Texas history.
- Supporting sexual predator legislation and legislation to prohibit gender discrimination in private clubs.
- Helping plan and produce one of the State Bar's first telephone CLE seminars with a national audience and national speakers.
- Honoring Sarah T. Hughes, an outstanding woman judge and mentor, by making a major contribution to furnish the Sarah T. Hughes Reading Room at the University of North Texas.
- Providing speakers on legal topics from the women's perspective for schools and civic groups, and more!